News of the World hacked Sarah Payne’s mother’s phone
28 Jul 2011The Guardian has revealed that the News of the World hacked Sara Payne’s phone, which Rebekah Brooks had given her as a gift.
Payne had previously been told, accurately, that her name did not appear in Glenn Mulcaire’s notes, but her personal details were found there on Tuesday. The News of the World used its final issue to congratulate itself for its campaign for Sarah’s law.
Sara Payne herself wrote a column for the farewell edition, describing the News of the World reporters as her “good and trusted friends.” Tom Watson MP has decried this as “a whole new low”; and Sara Payne has said that she is “absolutely devastated and deeply disappointed.”
Read Brian Cathcart’s writing on the phone hacking scandal here.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
« Lebanon: singer detained for defamation • Assessing Obama’s record on transparency »
Tags: Brian Cathcart, Glenn Mulcaire, news of the world, phone hacking, Rebekah Brooks, Sara Payne, Sarah Payne, Tom Watson



Sarah Payne’s mother on hacking list – charity – Reuters UK — News Addicts
[...] Of Sarah Payne …Huffington PostSydney Morning Herald -BBC News -Daily Mail -Index On Censorshipall 96 news [...]