Index provides expert comment on international free expression issues, including:
- Digital censorship, including web governance, intermediate liability, the censorship of social media and takedown notices.
- The suppression of free speech by authoritarian governments
- Religious and cultural pressures that limit what we are allowed to say
- Threats to free expression in democracies including surveillance, public order laws, defamation laws, national security and media regulation
- Illiteracy, poverty and discrimination and other factors that limit people’s access to free expression
For media enquiries or to arrange interviews with Index staff, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7260 2660.
Keep up to date with the latest Index news releases and press statements.