Posts Tagged ‘Natalia Radzina’
August 9th, 2011
Journalist Natalia Radzina, who was beaten and imprisoned following last year’s disputed election, explains why she fled Belarus seeking political asylum
(more…)
April 5th, 2011
Belarusian journalist Natalia Radzina has revealed that she is seeking political
asylum in a foreign
country. She has
declined to comment on where she is and how she got there. Radzina was ordered to attend the KGB office in Minsk on 31 March. It is thought that the purpose of this
visit was for the KGB to bring a formal charge against her for organising “mass disorder” during a protest against the presidential election result in December 2010. However, her mother claims she saw her daughter board a train on 30 March and could not
contact her the following day. Radzina was
nominated for an Index on Censorship Freedom of Expression Award in 2010.
March 2nd, 2011
Index on Censorship award nomineee Natalia Radzina of Belarus’s Charter 97 has
revealed that the KGB tried to recruit her as an informant. She alleges that KGB officers psychologically tortured her whilst she was
held at the KGB detention centre in Minsk. She has claimed that she was threatened with “five to eight years” in prison if she did not comply, and told that she would “have no children”.
February 2nd, 2011
The KGB have released journalists
Irina Khalip and Charter 97′s
Natalia Radzina but have placed
serious restrictions on their movement and activities. Radina has been forced to leave Minsk to the western town of Kobrin and remain there until her case is investigated further, while Khalip — who is married to former presidential candidate
Andrei Sannikov — is under house arrest and is not allowed to use the phone or access the internet. The two were
arrested on December 19 following post-election protests.
December 31st, 2010

Has Lukashenko given up flirting with the west, asks Olga Birukova
(more…)
December 29th, 2010
Nikolai Khalezin in hiding after the KGB issue arrest warrant for the co-founder of the Belarus Free Theatre. Mike Harris reports
(more…)
May 3rd, 2010

Natalia Radzina: Must more Belarusian journalists die before Europe pays attention?
(more…)
March 23rd, 2010
Belarus’s Supreme Court has stripped the Belarusian Association of Journalist’s (BAJ)
ability to offer protection to journalists who are not officially authorised, such as opposition newspapers, websites and foreign news outlets.These journalists could now face 15 days in jail. BAJ president Zhanna Litvina said yesterday that this will discourage independent media coverage in the run-up to the elections. This comes a week after Charter97, an opposition website and are a nominee for this year’s
Index On Censorship Freedom of Expression awards had its
offices raided and its head of press beaten.