Fighting for real news will top the agenda at the Society of Editors annual conference in Cambridge on 12-13 November.
The agenda will focus on fighting fake news and the value of legitimate news sources, police and media relationships and counter-terrorism, freedom of expression worldwide and ideas and innovations.
Ronan Harris, Managing Director of Google in the UK and Ireland, will deliver the prestigious Society of Editors Lecture on Sunday evening.
Confirmed speakers for the main day of conference sessions on Monday:
- Jodie Ginsberg, CEO, Index on Censorship
- Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick
- Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley
- Chris Evans, Editor of The Telegraph
- Amol Rajan, Media Editor at the BBC
- Orit Kopel, Co-founder and VP of Business Development at Wikitribune
- Aine Kerr, Manager of Journalism Partnerships at Facebook
- Jackie Ashley, journalist and broadcaster
- Simon Jenkins, former editor of the London Evening Standard
- Will Moy, director of fact-checking organisation Full Fact
A full list of speakers is available here.