Since 1972, our work has given a voice to those who face imprisonment, torture and even death for speaking out.
Your money helps us support individuals like Mouad Belghouat, a Moroccan rapper, whose concerts have been repeatedly shut down by authorities over his criticism of corruption. Or Rafael Marques de Morais, who faces the constant threat of jail because of his investigations into Angola’s blood diamonds industry. Or Maryam al-Khawaja, a Bahraini activist for whose release from jail Index successfully campaigned. Or Dina Meza, who lives under constant fear and threats because of her work as an investigative journalist in Honduras.
Index works tirelessly, exposing these stories online, in our magazine and in the press; supporting the individuals who battle censorship and advocating for free speech in the UK.
Free speech is not free. We rely on the generous support of donors and supporters to enable our work. By giving over £5,000 a year and joining Index Advocates you will receive:
• Recognition in our quarterly magazine and annual report
• Annual subscription to our magazine
• Invitations to all of Index’s cutting edge events
• Tickets to Index’s keynote event, the annual Freedom of Expression Awards
• Tickets to our new annual event, the Free Expression Award Winners’ Dinner.
If you would be interested in learning more about becoming an Index Advocate please contact Helen Galliano:
[email protected] or 0207 260 2660
Simon Callow, Index Patron